Monday 18 March 2013

Butterflies of Texas

We have just returned from Texas - we went mainly to see the birds (and the sunshine and our friends and not necessarily in that order....) but we were introduced to the beautiful Texan butterflies by Lorna. These are a few of the ones we saw. Apologies if any of the names are wrong - we are novices - corrections gratefully accepted! We'll post some more photos when we've identified them....
 

American Lady


Gray Hairstreak

 
 
 Reakirt's Blue
 
 
Gulf Fritillary
 
 
Pipevine Swallowtail

3 comments:

  1. I.D.? Yes, they are butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful & perfectly identified. Remember how we identified all the photos from Falcon? I am still looking for the list I put in my purse. The photos take me back. I think the best day for butterflies was at Falcon. What a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful wasn't it? So warm as well!

      Delete